Sunday, July 18, 2010

You Know It's A Slow Week When...

...you're complaining about ice cream. But, hey, I think it's a valid complaint...

So. It's that time of the month, if you know what I mean. I'm craving chocolate something fierce, y'know? So I take some of my hard-earned commission money, and go to Hy-Vee to buy myself a chocolate bar and some ice cream.

I picked out a brand called Skondra's, the flavor being Super Fudge Brownie. The flavor text (lol lame pun) says "Rich chocolate ice cream swirled with fudge ribbons and chunky brownie bites." Sounds delicious, yeah? I sure thought so.

Until I got home and took a big, chocolatey-bite... only for my c: to turn into a :c I tried a few more bites, to see if it was just a bad first impression... but my :c just turned into an even bigger :C because... good grief... it's terrible. It's so bad that it's terribad.

This is not "rich" ice cream by any stretch of the imagination. It tastes like how I imagine ice cream would taste if the cream was changed to watered-down skim milk. And the brownie bites? Have the taste, texture, and chewiness of stale chocolate chips. Ugh. Even the fudge swirls taste... off.

I don't think I want this ice cream any more. I should have just gone ahead and bought Breyer's. Or Blue Bunny. Heck, even Edy's would be an improvement over Skondra's. I think the store brand might even be better...

I wonder if you can return ice cream *sniff*

The moral of the story? Never buy Skondra's ice cream. If it's a choice between Skondra's and store brand... go with the store brand, because Skondra's is crap.

No comments: